Wednesday 23 January 2013

SHA-DY WRITES - DESIGNER MUSE


Happy New Year peeps. 2012 ended well for me and I hope 2013 ends even better (proposal from Kintan) *wink*. I was supposed to post this in 2012 but, I didn't get to because the work at the office got more tedious at the close of the year. Please pardon me this time, I promise from next week its going to be 2013 post. I wish you a very fruitful 2013 

XoXo

*********************************************************************


The road to being a confirm big isn't easy but for most of us women it has become a thing of do or die affair, my man has always known me for the outstanding looks and everything that comes with it, if for anything I see a need to get something, especially when it is in limited edition then I go for it, this is my very weakness and I’m really working on it though.

Kintan and I have very good taste and I’m proud to be dating someone who sees things in the light at which I see them. The just concluded MTN/Lagos fashion week wasn't going to end without me snatching one for the designer pieces off the run way, the designs were to die for. I was even more convinced when I sat for one of the shows. Immediately I saw the piece above by Jewel by Lisa, I knew it was made for me, so I pinged Kintan and sent him a picture of the dress, I waited for minutes which was unlike Kintan to keep me waiting, only for ‘dude’ to ping me back asking “what for”.

#Ghenghen, dude be testing me o, I took a deep breath and decide to explain to him that I needed to get the dress, I loved it and wanted to wear it for our next official outing (scope so he can get it for me), I wanted him to see me in this dress. Kintan replied me saying it wasn't needed and that I have enough dresses already… just then I began to boil.

Kintan was making it look as if it was all the time I asked for a gift. My love language isn't gifts, its quality time, which he doesn't seem to have this past month. I later showed Kome what Kintan said about the dress only for Kome to start preaching to me about taking it slow and forgetting the dress since the man I was to wear it out with wasn't interested in it. In my head I was like ‘girl please shatap’.

Two days later my newly promoted CIO saw me staring at the dress during office hours and reminded me that the same dress was my DP on BBM, he asked what the drill with the dress was and I told him how I felt about the dress and he just walked away without a word. CIO invited me for lunch and I obliged, I was thinking of suggesting yellow chili when we past all food eateries and headed for the designer shop….boss man paid for the dress, matching shoes and statement jewelries to go, I was too excited to say the least. 

CIO and I had lunch at Yellow chili still and I couldn't stop thanking him, he dropped me off at home after work saving me cab fare, I didn't even greet my mom when I got upstairs all I wanted to do was send pics of my dress to Kome and showing her that the dress was in my closet. Kome was shocked, as she began to ask questions like she normally does, I know the thought in your heads right now….yea yea yea, CIO is interested in me, because he bought me a dress, but doesn't give ‘us’ right to conclude, so just like me, keep calm and watch him form caring guy first, till his intentions are made known.


This same dress I wore for Jaiye’s wedding after party, Kintan seeing the dress on me brought out a spite, he didn't talk about it, but the looks and atmosphere around him was that of ‘so you still got this dress’. I wasn't so comfortable around him, turning around to go sit down, there facing me was CIO, he is a friend of Jaiye’s wifey’s colleague.



Sha-dy

No comments:

Post a Comment