Thursday 30 August 2012

IS OKOTIE CONFUSED?







when the going was good


For readers who are not Nigerians and not familiar with this issue, I will do a quick re-run. Pastor Chris Okotie is a televangelist and Pastor in-charge of the Household of God Church International Ministry, Lagos Nigeria,  a lawyer and a former secular artist who got married to this second wife of his in the year 2008 after he had separated from his first wife due to unresolved issues that were undisclosed. Pastor Chris Okotie and his second wife Stephenie Henshaw both attested that God had showed them that they will have a set of twin babies. 

Fast forward to four years later (2012) he announced after the celebration of the birthdays of those born in June in his church, “Stephanie and I are no longer married. We have separated. You can see she’s not in church today. It’s due to irreconcilable differences and you should please respect our wishes at this time because there is no going back,” he was quoted to have said. Then Pastor Chris went on again to say that he will be getting married by December and will then let Nigerians know what really transpired between him and Stephenie. Stephenie is a mother of three kids from two different marriages and was a member of his church. Chris and Stephenie were married for four years before the collapse of their marriage.



Now the koko:

Seriously what is really wrong with him, I mean Chris Okotie... I see him as a man of God and I believe that having a wife or re-marrying so as not to fornicate or commit adultery is pardonable, but I don't see reasons why he should go around talking about how bad or how good he and Steph were before and after the marriage, it isn’t necessary to me, for Christ sake nobody is interested in all this hyped marriage make-ups and break-ups again since it's obvious that this is not his first marriage, we have had so much of him in the first marriage clash.

Pastor's like Taiwo Odukoya and William Kumuyi have re-married and they didn't create  all this media noise making and attention, even though their 'wifies' were more up-front in the ministry, *shrunting my shoulder* I kind of doubt if any of his ‘wifies’ know a thing or two about working in the ministry setting, or maybe they are just one of those who believe that they are non-pulpit minister, which most people use as an excuse not to preach and for some run away from the preying eyes of watchers. Chris Okotie's inability to stay with one wife has kind of put a stench on other pastors too you know
.



Stephenie....she is a very pretty woman and I must give that to her, I want to believe the inner voice in me saying that she didn’t bargain for all this media hype about a collapse marriage, nobody would really want it even if they were at fault I guess, not to add to the fact that she has two failed marriages to her belt. ‘if I were Stephenie, I wouldn’t say more than what has already been said, that’s if I even get to say anything at all, though I might not be in my matrimonial home anymore but am still legally married to this man he is still the head over me….*stern face* yes it hard for a lot of us 21st century women to agree to certain facts especially when it has to do with a man being over us, but apart from our African culture, the bible and even the Quran states it clearly. Mrs. Stephenie Okotie is what she should still call herself until legally divorced.

Pastor and Mrs. Okotie are and can go on without all this noise, Pastor Chris telling us he will let us know by December what his wife did that warranted her being ‘thrown out of her matrimonial home’ shouldn’t have been said in the first place…it a personal matter that should have been kept to himself, Okotie need’s to sit down and really think about this whole marriage thing again, yes it’s not good for a man to be alone, but when a man is not ready he should recognize that fact and WAIT, I personally think Okotie should wait a while longer, access himself and see if there is a need to take his wife back or to move on. Until then, every move towards marriage should be put on hold as at the time being.   

Remarrying to me at the time being is a very bad idea…..that’s my candid opinion, if he is not counting it….the world is, and believe you me…when the world finally decides to count it for him out loud in his ears…it will be bloody.

Pastor Chris Okotie…please and please make this your last and final marriage, if you must marry again after Stephenie.




1 comment:

  1. I agree that he is confused, there should be tolerance in marriage since no human being is perfect...God hates putting away, he of all people should know that

    ReplyDelete