Friday 31 August 2012

THE SCAPE GOAT




This day was a colleagues birthday, as office custom, we would have a little get together for this special person on his or her special day and say somethings about this person....luckily it was Paul's birthday....but I call him Chimdi. Unknown to me the ritual in the office is that the newly employed person will and always will be the scape goat...so your beloved blogger was used and laughed at to the fullest.

Three people were chosen to speak about Paul - Chinwe, Elendu and Me, so the two others spoke about how good, nice and attractive to ladies he can be almost every where he went to. Then came yours trulys' turn to say a word or two about the celebrant and I went all out to praise this dude, throwing caution to the wind...only to be laughed at. I said words like he is soft, loving and intelligent. I even went all out to sing so professionally for him with my 'one in a million voice' putting a full stop to my 'laugh at sentence',  it didn't hit me until when they asked how soft he was and how loving he could be.

Then it dawn on me that I had been used as a SCAPE GOAT without mercy, my predecessor who also is a friend didn't bother warning me, when I asked her she told told me she wanted to enjoy the moment, bask in the glory of being the scape goat. I was warned by O.G about being careful with my words but I felt it was for me not to say bad things or hurt Paul's feeling on his special day unknown to me that I was digging my tenure of "laugh at"...I wonder how long I will be laughed at.

But seriously what was I thinking when I said he was soft.....yes I remember what I was thinking, but am not telling cause I know you already have  a bunch of stuffs running through your wide minds right now.

Scape goat of the Season...


Yours blogger,


Dela






No comments:

Post a Comment