Wednesday 6 February 2013

SHA-DY WRITES - CALM DOWN AND KEEP YOUR MAN



I had a Fab weekend, went out with CIO and a few of his friends, we watched a movie by 10pm at Silverbird galleria and headed for the club after the movie. The rate at which CIO and I spend time these days makes me wonder where my relationship stands with Kinta since we hardly talk or spend time together.

CIO’s friend, Fred was going to propose to his girl Amaka, but some things didn't fall in place so he had to reschedule the proposal to Saturday. Still with an hangover I was buzz by CIO at 11am  the next day to get up and get ready for Fred’s big day, as we were to head to the beach where Fred intended to propose to Amaka. Just as  I was about to head for the bathroom, a message came in again from CIO, don’t bath just come the way you are. I kissed my mom good morning and said good bye, she watched me go and I was so sure she knew it wasn't Kintan I was going to meet.

I got down stairs and right there CIO was waiting for me with a bouquet and a cup of coffee, Jisos this is most romantic gesture anyone has ever done for me, he opened the car for me and planted a kiss on my forehead. This man is painfully romantic. We got there just in time to set everything for Fred and hide from Amaka seeing us. Fred proposed to Amaka and we popped out of our hiding, it was so worth all the rush.

Amaka cried and I joined her in shedding the tears of joy too, the tears were infectious. I left by 1:00pm as I had to pick up my mum’s Aso-Oke for a wedding she was to attend by 2:00pm.

***************************************************
Later that night when mumcy came back from the wedding and met me at home, she began to mockingly sing. And the following discussion ensued:

Mum: Abike, come closer and let’s talk (not a good sign)

Me: Mummy, hope nothing bad happened at the wedding sha

Mum: I said I want to talk to you and you are talking about the wedding, my friend come closer and rest your head on my laps.

(My mum is such a nice killer talker, she draws you closer then gives you the talk of your life…don’t be deceived by her looks).

Me: mummy ki lon shele?

Mum: Abike, you seem to spend more time outside, what have you been up to?

Me: ah muuuuuummmmmy, just this past week of catching fun and you are complaining hmmmm

Mum: I'm not the only one complaining, your dad too is complaining, and this fun catching isn’t with Kome I guess?

Me: yes ma

Mum: who with then?

Me: a friend from the office

Mum: office, am not saying don’t date him, but what do you say to Kintan

Me: mummy, you have been spying on me…gosh, I thought you promised to let me grow when I graduate?

Mum: a mother’s work is never complete

Me: mum, Kintan doesn't have my time, I haven’t seen him since Christmas, and he doesn't even want to see me. We only chat via BBM and we talk once in a blue moon unlike before. Am tired and I can’t keep up with this new “ moon walker” moves his pulling.

Mum: young lady, call him, he doesn't have time isn't an excuse to jump on the next bus. Relationship don’t last on this basics, the young man might be very busy. Shade Omolabake Moboluwaduro, calm down and keep our man. Otan.

And my mum raised my head from her laps and walked away. Gosh this woman can make you do things you don’t want to do. I ended up calling Kintan, who told me he was in Asaba for a business meeting and couldn't talk much as he was putting finishing touches together for the presentation tomorrow. You see what I mean -_-


Dear Kintan,
If you ever get to read this post, I really do love you and I have nothing with CIO or any other guy, but I'm really getting feed up of this your “so busy schedule” that doesn't allow us talk for more than two minutes, it’s driving me crazy and pushing me to do crazy things. I am getting to my breaking point.

Love you
Mine






No comments:

Post a Comment