Wednesday 17 April 2013

SHA-DY WRITES - LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Read the Last Episode of Sha-dy's Diary HERE


On getting to mine, my brother's welcome party was in full swing and the whole place was jam packed. I draged CIO to see my parents before my mom starts running over the whole place wanting to be the perfect hostess, I introduced CIO to them and the conversation below took ensued:

Me: Mummy, Daddy this is CIO, my man

My dad gives a stern look

Dad: your man, are you guys married ehn? Say he is your male friend, not your man.

Me: sorry sir, my male friend

Dad: young man, what's ur name?

CIO: my name is CIO, am from Abeokuta town in Ogun state sir.

Dad: this is really not the best time for a formal introduction, I will get to know you better some other time.

CIO: okay sir (mum cuts in)

Mum: has your brother met him?

Dad: is her brother God, woman what is this?

Mum: I was just asking?

Immediately my brother walks in with Kintan.

************************************

Like WTF is he doing here. This Kintan is definitely a trouble maker and I will put him in his place today. So big brother asked about me and Kintan in the presence of my family, I said it out loud even our gate man would here, this is the man I love and Mum and Dad knows him, I don't remember bringing anyone home, did you invite him?

Dayo looks at me and says "babe this guy said he is your man", I replied "Mum and Dad did I ever bring any man here except CIO, abeg dis one na kidnapper abi impersonator sef". My brother looks back at Kintan and says dude, you trynna rob my family? there is total silent in the for a minute, my sister in law grab her daughter Nauria, people began to give themselves eye signs to leave the party now.

Kintan stands there blankly, CIO goes down on one knee and asks me to marry him. My brother Dayo keeps asking whats going on. My mum begins to smile sheepishly, I'm engaged!!!

Welcome home party turns to engagement party. Life is beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment