Tuesday 27 November 2012

SHA-DY WRITES - JAIYE'S WEDDING II




The wedding was on cruise control when I suddenly sited Jaiye’s estranged dad walking towards the parents table. I gave my mum a sign to look behind her and she saw Jaiye’s father coming through the crowd, my mum began to beg my “aunt no-nonsense” to be calm and not make noise.

My aunt no-nonsense was obliviously wondering why my mum will be begging her to be calm when suddenly Jaiye’s father appeared in front of them. My Aunt stood up immediately and told Jaiye’s dad to stay away from their table if he doesn't want to be bounced from the wedding, just then Morolabi’s dad began to shake his leg just like my dad does when he is angry and I think all old people do that when something they don’t like occurs or when they are angry.

Jaiye’s dad had no choice than to leave them which he did with all humility, maybe he just wanted to greet Morolabi’s family, maybe he just wanted them to know that he came for his son’s wedding, but no one could tell for sure what his intentions was because he didn't even eat the meal served to him and he didn't waste time in leaving after the cake was cut by Morolani and Jaiye. I felt pity for him that very moment I saw him step out of the hall, he walked like someone dejected and bruised, I think it now dawned on him that the tide had changed because even Jaiye didn't go to greet him or anything of that sort. Jaiye’s dad looked liked the one with the world on his shoulders.

Jaiye’s dad was in the printing business and my aunt was a corporal in the Nigerian Police Force, they had an issue over relocation and promotion of my aunt in the NPF. Jaiye’s dad, Mr. Olowu didn’t want my aunt to accept the promotion as it would deter her from her motherly duties. My aunt on the other hand had worked for this promotion and really needed it; she took the promotion which led to the end of their 15 years marriage, separating Jaiye and his siblings. My aunt was posted to Abuja and her ex-husband requested for the dowry he paid over a stubborn wife, saying my aunt was a cheap whore who slept with her boss to get the promotion and a stubborn wife who didn't listen to her husband. My aunt remarried a Naval Officer after Jaiye’s dad took his dowry back, several years down the line Jaiye’s dads printing business collapsed, and he became a public bus driver while my aunt is now an AIG, seeing to the Welfare of her children.

The wedding still had to go on and the love in the air couldn't be minimized because of an estranged relationship. After the wedding we had an after party for the young couples. Only dude’s and babes where allowed no elder of any sort and there I wore my straight from the catwalk MTN Lagos Fashion show dress.

SHA-DY





No comments:

Post a Comment