Monday 15 October 2012

SPANICLY-FRENCH





Was on my way home from the market, walking with when this young man walking directly behind me said “escuuuze me madame”, I turned around abruptly to see this person who was about to murder me with his words, I saw this guy in denim jeans jacket and denim shots….ah brother we are in Africa what are you thinking na…. she o fe pa are si ijoba lorun? (do want to kill yourself and blame it on the govt.), he began slaughtering English language, Plix can yus tells me where I can finds Roobartsen street”, I paused for a while to digest what he just said, “what are you looking for again?  I asked since I couldn’t understand him the first time, this time he repeated the same sentence again, then it dawned on me that he was asking for a street, named Robertson. My behaviour immediately changed because I have seen a lot of his type both on the net and in physical.

“plix do you speak French, I replied yes  and then he activated the French mode saying what I don’t feel is French from what my friends who speak French say….and I began to reply in what I felt was Spanish, which I myself don’t know jack about. He continued saying trying to signal that he doesn’t understand what I was saying and I continued saying to myself “wen e tire u….u go speak wetin man understand”, a market woman suddenly whispered to me while passing by saying “no mind dem o, na 419 them be o. hearing that I quickly geared up and he said in English again “me don understand what u say at all”, and I told him that see brother if you want to deceive someone, not me…. Do I look like *JJC to you…you better get out of here or else you will be burned alive, immediately broda turned around and walked away……lol see dis mugu wan catch me mugu o…….*smh.


I walked away knowing in my heart that that was one “first time 419er”




Dela



*JJC – journey just come
*smh – shaking my head




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... Nice one dear.. I respect pple like u, who devote time for creative thinking. Keep it up. !

    ReplyDelete